Our fourth episode in the series of interview with Entrepreneurs that are building a business they love.
Tonight’s guest is Ray Blakney | Award-winning Filipino-American entrepreneur | Bootstrapped multiple 6 and 7-figure online businesses | International Speaker | Podcaster | Semi-professional sword fighter
He and his businesses have been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Boston Globe and other top publications. Ray has also been a speaker at multiple conferences around the world.
Below you can find a time breakdown of the topics we touched in the interview:
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:51 – Ray’s background
- 00:02:54 – Ray, are you a night person or a morning person?
- 00:05:07 – Ray, how do you manage to upkeep your regime?
- 00:06:57 – Talking about passion
- 00:09:17 – Process as a passion
- 00:13:17 – What businesses is Ray building
- 00:14:53 – How long does it take to build a sustainable business?
- 00:17:07 – Importance of self-awareness and self-development for business success
- 00:18:51 – Optimizing reading process. Reading vs listening books
- 00:19:58 – Side hustles and new businesses in the making
- 00:27:01 – Reinvesting profits. Business pocket vs personal pocket.
- 00:29:04 – Making investments from business profits
- 00:32:34 – Ray, how do you manage to balance business, family, self-care and development?
- 00:36:15 – Ray’s daily routine and productive day structure + Decision making process
- 00:40:41 – An important question to ask yourself in prioritizing
- 00:42:33 – Personal Manifesto, what is it, it’s value and how it works + Itamar Marani | business – mindset coach
- 00:48:12 – Life planning, vision and Ideal life scenario
- 00:51:23 – What systems help you to stay productive besides journaling?
- 00:52:26 – Systems and tools for business productivity
- 00:54:51 – Limiting your business with you time + What do you do on a daily, weekly, monthly basis for business growth?
- 00:57:29 – For solopreneurs, what is the main daily activity they should focus on?
- 01:00:27 – Tips on outsourcing from Ray
- 01:04:58 – How do you find freelancers?
- 01:07:00 – What should be the first hire for businesses?
- 01:09:47 – Ideas on Search engine optimization
- 01:11:33 – What tools or systems helped you with building self-awareness?
- 01:15:13 – Changes in self-perception with growth of income
- 01:18:22 – Ray, what actually influenced your growth of income?
- 01:20:23 – Ray shares additional self-care ideas 01:22:37 – The surrounding and its influence on success
- 01:24:54 – Masterminds and what do you believe makes them work?
- 01:27:33 – How to build trust in a mastermind?
- 01:29:14 – Getting in to masterminds
- 01:31:23 – Using podcasts to build a community
- 01:32:20 – Advice from Ray on what to do right now, to make the most of 2021 in your business
- 01:33:15 – Advice for 6 figure + business owners
Some of his businesses include Live Lingua (one of the top online language schools) – https://www.livelingua.com/
Twiducate (a social network for schools with over 200k registered users and Podcast Hawk (a SAAS product that helps you get booked on podcasts on auto-pilot). – https://podcasthawk.com/
He is also host of one of the top language learning podcasts on iTunes Learn Spanish with Live Lingua releasing a new episode daily.
Life Origami Podcast with Alen Leit, is a talk show, where we take a look at business as a tool for self-realization. We will invite to the microphone Entrepreneurs who are building a business they love and will cover topics from self-development and self-awareness to productivity and business strategies.
More information about what I do you can find below: * www.alenleit.com * https://www.facebook.com/alenleit/ * https://www.instagram.com/alenleit/